See how our solutions can deliver for your business.
Word of Mouth Marketing
Word-of-mouth marketing (WOMM) is one of the oldest and most reliable forms of marketing. Take note: WOMM overlaps but is not the same as “word-of-mouth” (the naturally occurring effect of providing superior products and service). These days, word-of-mouth marketing is a component of any well-rounded cannabis dispensary content marketing strategy.
WOMM involves deliberately and proactively encouraging your customers to spread the word — to be your “brand ambassadors.” It’s one of the most powerful and inexpensive ways to bring in business.
WOMM can entail getting your customers to recommend your dispensary to a friend or acquaintance. It may include rewarding regular customers who promote your dispensary. Of course, it all starts with your budtenders: ensure they provide exceptional customer service, that they’re friendly to everyone and are knowledgeable about the products you offer (and how to best use them).
Why is it important?
85% of small businesses get customers through word-of-mouth
74% of consumers identify word-of-mouth as a key influencer in their purchasing decision.
84% of consumers say they either completely or somewhat trust recommendations from family, colleagues, and friends about products and services – making these recommendations the highest ranked source for trustworthiness.
15 Tips to Boost WOMM
Here are 15 ways to boost your dispensary’s word-of-mouth marketing:
- Create a customer loyalty program.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Be friendly. Use customers’ first names when possible. Make people feel welcome and comfortable.
- Thank your customers for their business. Everyone likes to be appreciated.
- Return calls as promptly after you’ve made the sale as you did before.
- Keep in touch with customers and prospects by email.
- Address negative reviews and complaints proactively.
- Sell great products.
- Offer to be a speaker or give seminars at conferences, industry meetings, and libraries.
- Get involved in your community and be visible in your market. Join networking groups and industry groups.
- Be active on social media. Use Facebook, Twitter, Google + and LinkedIn to engage with your customers.
- Include social share buttons to your website and email messages.
- Share any publicity you get.
- Be visible. Make your business name and phone number easy to find.
- Thank people who refer business to you.
Let’s take an in-depth look at each digital marketing channel.
Given the unique position of the cannabis industry, we’re only covering the digital marketing channels that are permitted to use by ancillary businesses, brands, dispensary owners, mobile applications, producers, processors, and websites. There is a legal gray area when marketing cannabis companies, and you should regularly reference the laws within your state before starting any campaign.
LET'S GET TO WORK
We custom-built our proprietary digital marketing and programmatic advertising platform to help you reach more targets, engage more customers, and grow your sales.
Schedule a call or personalized demo today!